Project Agent Orange
April 17, 2014, 05:42:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 97
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Agent Orange Discussion Board  (Read 43388 times)
debwood.94

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 10:03:38 AM »

I found this interteting article:

IS THE SILENCE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE COMPLICITY IN WAR CRIMES?
by Gordon Duff
August 27, 2010
veteranstoday.com  

Illuminati imprisoning
US Veterans against war

WHY AMERICA MUST HAVE AN ANTI-WAR UPRISING

Ranch Hand — a US government operation
Destroyed 1.2 million acres of land in Vietnam
4.8 million gallons of chemicals

U.S. helicopter sprays the defoliant agent orange during the Vietnam War.

A federal appeals court upheld on Friday the dismissal of a civil lawsuit against major U.S. chemical companies, Monsanto, Dow Chemical, and other companies, brought by Vietnamese plaintiffs over the use of the chemical agent orange in Vietnam.
Ranch Hand — a US government operation — defoliated 1.2 million acres of land and dispensed 4.8 million gallons of chemicals over Vietnam.
Doing this has created more than 1 million Agent Orange victims.

Of the two to three million that survived, a hundred thousand were seriously physically disabled and a million more suffered lifelong Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Not long after coming home, another 50,000 would die, some of mysterious illnesses, many by suicide.

Thai Thi Nga of Hanoi's Friendship Village who is victim of Agent Orange

These people love Ollie North and John McCain, cartoon heroes for a nation too dead inside to care.
Bloated peddlers of death
Scary terrorists and endless wars are bread and butter for the “drugstore Marine” and “Hanoi John.”
You don’t know them by these names, the monikers they were tagged with by their fellow officers after Vietnam?
Carefully hear what they say, that pair of bloated peddlers of death.
Are they continually undermining America through the fear and mistrust their every word sews while they rake in millions?  

Ngyuyen Thi Thuy Lieu kisses and hugs her daughter Ngyuyen Thi Trang Ngan as she feeds her lunch on their family bed at their home in Danang, Vietnam on Monday, May 21, 2007.
Ngyuyen Thi Thuy Lieu, who grew up next to the U.S. military base inside Denang airbase, has given birth to two children with physical and mental disabilities.
More than 30 years after the Vietnam War ended, the poisonous legacy of Agent Orange has emerged anew with a scientific study that has found extraordinarily high levels of health-threatening contamination at the former U.S. air base at Danang.

Why are men like this whose pasts reek of the worst abuses imaginable, allowed to dishonor our dead while strutting around playing hero?
Why has their real history been buried though the stench remains?
Vietnam had real heroes.   They aren’t flying in private jets, eating at the finest restaurants, 58,000 of them came home dead, many in pieces, some burned to cinders.
It wasn’t just the 58,000 dead or the 50,000 soon to die or the maimed or damaged, the imprisoned or the endless thousands poisoned with Agent Orange.
Oh, did we tell you that Agent Orange may have killed more Vietnam veterans than total combat deaths in World War II?
According to Israeli officials, there are more holocaust survivors than living Vietnam veterans.  

link: http://thewe.cc/weplanet/news/armed_force/illuminati.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:06:42 AM by debwood.94 » Logged
mhbrownstein
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 07:40:32 AM »

Your Opinion: Brutal legacy of Agent Orange

Bob Boldt, Jefferson City

Saturday, November 5, 2011—Jefferson City, Missouri, News Tribune

Dear Editor:

To reframe Shakespeare a bit: The evil that nations do lives on after them; the good is oft interred with their bones.

Long after the last stock has crashed and the last American dollar has been devalued and left floating, worthless paper in the deserted canyons of Wall Street, our empire will be remembered for the trash we have strewn, the water we have polluted and the air we have befouled.

We will not be remembered in Vietnam primarily for our legacy of long past insult, murder and atrocity.
The people of that land, like their model before them, the all-compassionate Buddha, have already forgiven us for those sins.

We will be remembered for the gift of Agent Orange, vile produce of Monsanto and Dow Chemical that continues to cripple and deform countless children in this otherwise Edenic land.

Three to four million Vietnamese people have been affected by Agent Orange that resulted in 400,000 killed or maimed and at least 500,000 children born with birth defects. The pictures of these kids will break your heart. In the US, Vietnam veteran figures are hard to come by since many victims are not part of the Agent Orange registry and the VA doesn’t track by Agent Orange.

The Vietnamese may forgive us our sins, but the continuing brutal legacy of residual chemical deformity and death embedded in their native soil makes it impossible for these gentle people to forget us. Their repeated requests for us to clean up this remaining toxic residue have been rejected by our courts. Only a hue and cry from the conscience of an outraged American people can make the vile authors of this chemical carnage and our military, who contaminated unwitting soldiers and Vietnamese civilians alike, step up, admit their guilt and begin the arduous, necessary task of righting this terrible wrong.

Please go to www.projectagentorange.com to read about this problem and see what you can do.
mhbrownstein
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 09:15:54 AM »

An Apology from Australia posted by NomadTwoWorlds--Uploaded by NomadTwoWorlds on Jul 1, 2011:

“will.i.am, Hugh Jackman and more contribute to this powerful music video that incorporates the Prime Minister of Australia's original "Apology" speech to Parliament."

Forum Administrator's note: Please watch this very moving video. Within it is great beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IGfvg0u7XY

Then ask yourself why Monsanto and Dow Chemical cannot apologize for what they did to both the Vietnamese people and the American veteran during the American War (Viet Nam War).

marysimon15

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 06:56:26 AM »

The following is from a Monsanto website--one of Monsanto's official sites:

"There have been a number of lawsuits. Monsanto and the six other chemical manufacturers reached agreement with U.S. veterans in a class action lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York in 1984 that involved millions of U.S. veterans and their families. There was not a finding of fault. It was settled by the parties rather than undertake a lengthy and complicated trial. The $180 million in funds that were part of the agreement were distributed according to a plan developed in part by U.S. District Judge Jack B. Weinstein.

"There have been other lawsuits since that time. In March of 2009, a key legal question was settled in the United States when the U.S. Supreme Court let stand unanimous lower court rulings disallowing recovery from lawsuits on the Agent Orange issue. The Supreme Court agreed that the companies were not responsible for the implications of military use of Agent Orange in Vietnam, because the manufacturers were government contractors, carrying out the instructions of government.

"We believe that the adverse consequences alleged to have arisen out of the Vietnam War, including the use of Agent Orange, should be resolved by the governments that were involved."

But what about the ethical and moral issues? Why can't Monsanto do the right thing? Why can't Monsanto say, Yes, legally we are off the hook, but morally, we can do more. Here is a billion dollars to help out.

How can they claim to support US soldiers? 180 million dollars? And how can they claim any concern like they do for any of the victims--the innocent children, the babies in agony? This site is an insult--Monsantoi is an insult--an insult in every single way.

You can see their site through the link below:

http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/Pages/agent-orange-background-monsanto-involvement.aspx
m.lapin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 07:10:24 AM »

Mary, Thank you for this link. Below are the companies involved according to their own site:

The manufacturing companies included Diamond Shamrock Corporation, Dow Chemical Company, Hercules, Inc., T-H Agricultural & Nutrition Company, Thompson Chemicals Corporation, Uniroyal Inc. and Monsanto Company, which at the time was a chemical manufacturer. Monsanto manufactured Agent Orange from 1965 to 1969

Then they claim research is still going on. Is Monsanto helping to pay for this? Is Dow Chemical?

I think not.

Legally they are not involved--in America at least--but in the world court--yes, they should be sued again and again and again.

Morally they are not off the hook at all.

Has anyone read Bob Boldt's poem in www.projectagentorange.com/wordpress? It should be our anthem. I have pasted a segment below:

I picture them (Monsanto and Dow Chemical) in some sweet Beulah Land,
 their eyes anticipating
 Saint Peter’s long-promised Pearl Gates.
 But as the mist clears, a sea of twisted bodies
 and decomposing double-headed corpses
 appears beneath the weakening clouds.
 This is their vile produce
 over which they must slither on their climb to Paradise.
 Just as the Gates are within reach,
 a stern saint slams them shut in their faces.
 Their futile attempt at redemption repeated,
 promptly at six forty-five AM,
 everyday for eternity.
kjtouhy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 07:22:26 AM »

What I want to know is why the occupy movement isn't talking about this?

The Monsanto link is an insult to everyone of us: http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/Pages/agent-orange-background-monsanto-involvement.aspx

Did you know Agent Orange is still in use?

Monsanto and Dow Chemical are just two selfish corporations who care little for what they have done.

Read how they lied at http://www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto/agentorange032102.cfm

Here is one example:

Dr. James Clary, a scientist at the Chemical Weapons Branch, Eglin Air Force Base, who designed the
herbicide spray tank and wrote a 1979 report on Operation Ranch Hand (the name of the spraying program), told Senator Daschle in 1988,

"When we (military scientists) initiated the herbicide program in the 1960s, we were aware of the potential for damage due to dioxin contamination in the herbicide. We were even aware that the 'military' formulation had a higher dioxin concentration than the 'civilian' version due to the lower cost and speed of manufacture. However, because the material was to be used on the 'enemy,' none of us were overly concerned. We never considered a scenario in which our own personnel would become contaminated with the herbicide."

This should be our anthem, too.
debwood.94

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »

The link for the full Bob Boldt poem can be found here:

http://projectagentorange.com/wordpress/?cat=59
m.lapin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 07:17:16 AM »

Good news!

I heard about it on KOPN, Columbia, MO

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/asiapac/stories/201112/s3392203.htm

Asia Pacific Home | Asia Pacific Business

US embarks on Agent Orange clean-up in Vietnam
 December 15, 2011 22:33:57

It is 50 years since US forces first used the chemical defoliant known as Agent Orange in Vietnam.

Designed to destroy forest cover being used by the conmmunist forces, the dioxin has also left a long and poisonous legacy, causing birth defects in children born long after the war ended.

But it took until June this year for the United States to begin a project to clean up some of Vietnam's worst contaminated sites.

Presenter: Bill Bainbridge
Speakers: Nguyen Thanh Son, former soldier; Chuck Searcy, Vietnam veteran and International Advisor, Project Renew; Phung Tuu Boi, Director
debwood.94

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »

Can Monsanto do anymore damage? Unfortunately, the answer is yes.

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/toxic-botulism-in-animals-linked-to-roundup/

Dr. Paul Blake, N.D. on December 21, 2011:  Pissed off is better then being pissed on which is what Monsanto is doing to the human population of the USA, the world and the environment with this scientific monstrosity they have let loose on us.

This new unnamed organism?/virus? that Monsanto has hatched out is what we have feared would happen all along. That science would let lose on us something that would be difficult to put back in the box once it was lose like MAD COW DISEASE. But the real villain in this is not the scientist it is Monsanto type industries controlling science and government with the main goal of profit and if there is collateral damage toooo baaad and a big BAA HUBUG!!!
mhbrownstein
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »

Yes, Monsanto and Dow Chemical can do a lot more damage:

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/obama-wholesale-approves-genetically-engineered-foods-agent-orange-herbicide-use-to-expand/
mhbrownstein
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 06:59:43 PM »

http://whywesupportobama.blogspot.com/2012/01/beginning-of-end-for-case-for-obama.html
mhbrownstein
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »

Check out www.projectagentorange.com/occupymonsanto2012.html
debwood.94

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 07:46:10 AM »

Dioxin is still poisoning us--open the links below:

Very important:

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_24750.cfm

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_24733.cfm
mhbrownstein
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 05:36:40 AM »

A team of scientists from Penn State, Montana State, and the University of New Hampshire published a paper that describes the effects on agriculture from an over-reliance on glyphosate and an overuse of Monsanto’s genetically modified seeds. It also discusses at length the risks of using new seeds that “stack” resistance to various pesticides into one genetically engineered package.

http://grist.org/industrial-agriculture/monsantos-new-seeds-could-be-a-tech-dead-end/

rdhartwell

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:40 AM »

Why I Can’t Be Poetic
Posted on February 2, 2012
A Prose/Poem/Essay by Richard Hartwell

I write poetry, some of it good, but when I started to compose verse about the impact of Dow, Monsanto and my government on Vietnam, I cried. I just couldn’t put into poetic from the residual ills of Agent Orange on that gorgeous country and its beautiful people. I ache for it and for them and for me.
I have no venom for the damage done to my flesh. For my minute part in the American War; yes, the American War, not the Vietnam War; I insist on that when I sit alone in the VA hospital–for my small part, I carry several scars, some outside, some inside, some from metal, some from chemicals. And I carry burdens of remorse that no labeled syndrome can encompass. Of this or these, my wife learned only recently, nearly forty-five years after the fact. That is my personal problem, dealt with after divorce and booze and drugs and tears and nightmares: personal.

Dow, Monsanto, Washington – Are you all still with me? There is a public part to this as well:

My first wife, Esther, gave birth to our son John in 1968. He committed suicide in 2004, after living with the rapid ravages of multiple sclerosis.

One of John’s two sons was diagnosed as developmentally delayed.

Esther had a spontaneous delivery of another son, Nathaniel, in 1971; he died within twenty-four hours, defective, premature.

My second and current wife, Sally, gave birth to our daughter Jaime in 1976. She has a genetic birth defect and is both physically and mentally challenged. She still lives with us.

Sally delivered our son, Joshua, in 1979. He struggled in school and was in special education classes throughout middle and high school. He and his ex-wife and two children live with us.

One of Joshua’s two children, while very young still, appears to be delayed in speech skills.

Our third child, Justin, has emphatically decided not to have any children.

None of this is poetic. All of this is prosaic. However, the odds of these afflictions affecting the progeny of a single sire are astronomic, unless, of course, he scouted the dead orange jungle as well as the healthy green one.

No, I have no venom for the damage done to my flesh. As for the damage I’ve done to my soul, I continue to seek absolution that has not been forthcoming. But for the damage done to my family, to my children, and to their children–yes, I do have venom. I have a personal poison that bubbles to the surface whenever I see the struggles made by them. And then I see the pictures of a reunited Vietnam struggling with the residual poisons left to flow and fester through generations, and I realize how lucky I am.

My government refused to accept responsibility for my children’s problems, but I had a job and we’ve gotten along. The same cannot be said for those suffering still in the aftermath of the chemical warfare created and produced by Dow and Monsanto and knowingly used by that same government that denies responsibility for John, Nathaniel, Jaime, Joshua, and perhaps my grandchildren too.

It’s hard to generalize when it’s so personal. It’s hard to be poetic when it’s so public.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 97
  Print  

Jump to: